Church of Santa Maria
Position: Santa Maria
Recently restored, the sixteenth-century Church of Santa Maria has a beautiful majolica floor with eighteenth-century ornaments, elaborate stucco work and paintings from the same period. Remarkable is a painting by Guido Reni, a true masterpiece of the Bolognese painter, depicting the Holy Family, donated by the painter to the De Curtis family who hosted him.
The nave is spacious with an apse and dome and a square plan. On the entrance door, from 1613, there is a fifteenth-century statuette of the Madonna and Child.
The High Altar, from the 17th century, in beautiful polychrome marbles, belonged to the Church of S. Giuseppe del Quartiere, moved here in 1808. Above is the ancient effigy of Mercy. To the left of the entrance door, in the wall of the nave, is the chapel dedicated to the Annunciation of the sixteenth century, then passed under the title of Santa Maria della Carità.