Church of Madonna della Neve
Position: Santa Maria della Neve
In a panoramic position, on the top of the hill formerly known as Monte Arso, the church was born as a small chapel. A hermit took care of the cult of Santa Maria della Neve, and lived there until 1763.
From the first half of the sixteenth century, the ornate floor dates back to 1763. In 1836 it underwent an important restoration and expansion. The two side chapels were built, forming a kind of cross, but also the bell tower and the rooms on the small vestibule. The interior was decorated with white stucco.
The fresco image of the Madonna Bronzina could be seen through an open space in a front wall. The wall was demolished in 1904 and a marble altar was added to the fresco. While doing this, the rest of the fresco appeared, with Saints Francis of Assisi and Francis of Paola.
The veneration for the Madonna is deeply felt and the small sanctuary, on the day of the feast in particular, is a destination for devotees.